Who can apply

Who can apply?

Take a Break Scotland can accept applications from a parent or carer of a disabled child or young person. We can only accept one application per household or family unit.

If you can say ‘Yes’ to the following, Take a Break may be able to offer a grant:

  • I have lived in Scotland continuously for six months or longer
  • I am a UK resident and have recourse to public funds
  • I am caring for a disabled or seriously ill child or young person aged 0-20 years who lives at home with me
  • My child or young person is not subject to a care order or Looked After by the Local Authority (e.g the child is in foster care).

Please also read our disability criteria